Genres: Science fiction, Suspense
Description: A simple DNA test is all it takes. Just a quick mouth swab and soon you’ll be matched with your perfect partner—the one you’re genetically made for.
That’s the promise made by Match Your DNA. A decade ago, the company announced that they had found the gene that pairs each of us with our soul mate. Since then, millions of people around the world have been matched. But the discovery has its downsides: test results have led to the breakup of countless relationships and upended the traditional ideas of dating, romance and love.
Now five very different people have received the notification that they’ve been “Matched.” They’re each about to meet their one true love. But “happily ever after” isn’t guaranteed for everyone. Because even soul mates have secrets. And some are more shocking than others…
- This book is filled with unexpected twists; I’m not lying when I say there is a surprise within each chapter of this book.
- I love how the author gives readers perspectives from five different characters. I find it rare to read a book where multiple points of views are highlighted, I personally wish there were more books like this! By allowing different insights, the readers are less likely to become bored while reading and have a better chance at coming across a character they enjoy and can relate to.
- This book reminded me of the episode titled Hang the DJ from the Netflix Original show, Black Mirror. In the episode, a dating system is responsible for pairing up couples and providing them with the knowledge of when their relationships will expire. If you have seen the show or this episode in particular and enjoyed it, then you should definitely give this book a read!
- If you are a person who likes to read the book before a show is created based off it, then you will want to be putting this book on your “to be read” list because it’s being adapted into a television series by Netflix and is expected to make its debut in January 2020.
- The One is the type of book that you will find impossible to put down! If you are looking for a book that is fairly short with an interesting concept that will keep you turning the pages, then this is the book for you. I rarely award books with a five star rating, so I think it’s safe to say this book definitely deserves this review and praise.